Friday, September 2, 2011

What I did Before Work

My job requires me to work rotating shifts and sometimes I don't start until 1:00 p.m.  I decided that when I have a productive day before I go to work, I would share it with you.  I'll call these the "What I did Before Work" posts.
I purchased this cute little table from my friend Kevin.  Kevin is probably one of the nicest men on the planet.  He has a storage unit that he is cleaning out and has let me go through the items and pick out a few things.  Now, that's my type of shopping!  When I get to "shop" Kevin's storage unit, I feel pretty lucky.  Great stuff and great company, what more could a girl ask for?  Hmmm maybe a little rust. 

This little guy was so cute, just a little beat up and dirty

The first thing I did was to sand the whole table.  Once I sanded it I used Minwax pre stain conditioner on the legs and let it sit for about 30 minutes.  After that I applied Minwax wood finish stain in Jacobean.  I usually just apply both with a towel.  I did a different finish on the top; so I did not condition it.  I used watered down Annie Sloan Chalk paint in Old White and brushed on a coat.  Once that dried, I brushed on two more thin coats. I then painted another coat of watered down Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Provence.  Once that was all dry, I brushed on a mixture of Annie Sloan dark wax that I cut down with Annie Sloan Clear wax.  The whole project from start to finish was less than two hours.  That includes the sanding.  If you are into instant gratification you will like the Annie Sloan line of paint.  Once I brushed on a watered down coat, I picked up a little of the mess that I made while sanding, and the table was dry and ready for a new coat.  Now you're talking my language.  Patience isn't one of my gifts.    




The after


I wanted to get a few more shots and better shots of the after at my booth, but it's already gone to a new home. 

Be joyful today!
Melony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages